In the past few years, I’ve taken a bigger interest in baking and cooking. I love making a special treat for my family and friends when time permits. If there’s one thing I know I make exceptionally well, it’s pretzel cookies. My family BEGS me to make them. They’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet. To be completely honest, this recipe has been my little secret for years. I’ve never given it away as it’s always been the dessert that I hold dear to my heart. It’s my little secret that seems to bring so much joy to my loved ones. After all, there’s nothing better than showing up to your friends’ or families’ house after they have had a difficult day (or just are hungry for them) with a batch of warm cookies. These are sure to make anyone smile.
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. Butter (at room temp)
1 C. Brown Sugar (tightly packed)
2/3 C. Granulated Sugar
2 tsp. Vanillla
1 C. Chocolate Chips
1 C. Peanut Butter Chips
1 C. Broken Pretzel Pieces
How to Make Pretzel Cookies:
- In a large bowl (or Kitchenaid Mixer), beat together butter, granulated sugar & brown sugar until fluffy (about two minutes on medium speed). Mix in vanilla & eggs at a low speed.
- Stop mixer and add in salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix in at low speed.
- Crush pretzel pieces. Add pretzel pieces, peanut butter & chocolate chips. Mix in on medium speed.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes (in freezer) or a few hours in the fridge. The longer it’s chilled, the thicker the cookie.
- After chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees and place round balls of dough on cookie sheet at least 1″ apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Share & Enjoy!
My family and friends absolutely adore these. Be sure to let me know if you try making them! I promise you won’t be disappointed. Would you all like to see additional recipes in the future? What are some of your favorite “secret” recipes?